Sunday 2 October 2011

A Good Friend, Becomes A Stranger...

So today I met up with some old friends...and it's really strange to see how people change and how they change toward you.
I honestly don't think I've changed, maybe I've matured a little but I really don't think I've changed or become a complete bitch. But hey, it's not like it matters what I think, they only ever talk to me when they want something...
Yes, I missed them.. but now, not so much.
A few of them haven't changed in the slightest and I still love them as much as I always have. But others...well I wont be helping them next time they come crying to my door. I know this sounds extremely selfish, but I have always been there for them. No matter what. I've always stopped what I've been doing and helped them, and I've never, ever got anything in return, they've rarely been there when I needed them and they've rarely helped me. They've always been "too busy". In all fairness that takes the piss a tad. I know I'm being so selfish, but I've kind of had enough...

Do you ever sit back and wonder what it would be like if people were there for you the same way you're there for them?
All today has done is emphasize to me how much better my friends at college are. The friends I have now are so much nicer, and although they don't know everything about my life they understand. One of my good friends now, is one of the very few in my life that I really trust, and I feel like I can trust her with pretty much everything. And not only that, but she understands!!!
She understood the other day when I just didn't want to talk, and when I just kind of wanted to spend a little bit of time on my own...  she was willing to let me have moment, and yet she was still there when I came round and wanted to talk.. that is what makes a good friend.
I'll do the same for her. whenever she needs me or just wants someone to talk to, I'll be here.
That's what friends do.

ARGH! Sometimes all a person needs is one good friend. but a lot of people think they need lots of friends...
I'd rather keep the few good friends I have a College, than have a lot of rubbish friends. <3 

1 comment: